European Energy to present 65MW solar park in Anyksciai

The 65 megawatt (MW) solar park in Anyksciai, presented by the Danish renewable energy company European Energy, is large and significant for Lithuania.
“European Energy” is one of the icebreakers that builds fast, efficient and high-quality parks. Parks like this one in Anyksciai contribute to Lithuania’s overall goal of generating as much electricity as we consume in Lithuania by 2030,” said Lithuanian Energy Minister Dainius Kreivys.

“Tadeušas Konkovskis, head of “European Energy” office in Lithuania, says the €55 million park is expected to generate around 95,000 megawatt hours (MWh) of electricity per year, enough to power around 90,000 households – the largest solar park currently under construction in the Baltic States. The park is particularly special because of its size and the fact that we plan to be one of the first to connect a park of this scale to Litgrid’s grid.
“Of course, other developers will probably have similar-sized parks in the near future, but I think we are now the first,” the European Energy CEO said. He said the park is expected to be connected to Litgrid’s grid in the autumn and should start commercial operations by the end of the year.
According to Konkovskis, the park, which will be built on more than 120 hectares in Anyksciai district, will also be the first of its kind to have tracker technology that can follow the sun’s movement, allowing it to achieve higher energy production.

According to the CEO of European Energy, the park is expected to be sold once construction is completed. “We finance new projects partly from the proceeds of the sale. Somewhere around 30% of our developed projects we keep in operation and generate income from energy production, but the remaining 70% we usually sell and reinvest the money,” explained Konkovskis. He said that there are currently no agreements with customers who would buy the electricity generated in the park. European Energy also plans to build new solar parks in the Anyksciai, Jonava and Skuodas districts by the end of 2026, with a total capacity of 960 MW.

By the end of 2026, European Energy also plans to build new solar parks in the Anyksciai, Jonava and Skuodas districts with a total capacity of 960 MW. The company announces that it plans to invest around €1.6 billion in more than 1,000 wind farms in Lithuania by 2025. The company plans to invest more than 1.1 million MW of total capacity in wind and solar parks in Lithuania.